Monday, December 21, 2009

Ootaya

Had lunch with mama at Ootaya this afternoon. There wasnt a queue unlike what has been read in many reviews of the place. Maybe because we were there at 1230, the crowd started streaming in at 1pm.

I had the popular Hokke or rather the Charcoal grilled Atka Mackerel while mama had the Torotoroni (Scallop with rice and Chicken n Touf fu soup)

Hokke: I really didnt like this. It was over grilled, resulting in it being burnt, not slightly burnt but really black. Hmm wonder if it is meant to be this way, i doubt so. Or maybe the skin was not meant to be eaten, eat at your own risk, your own cancer risk! It was also a rather salty slab of fish. It is almost impossible to eat it on its own. Then again I do have very little tolerance of salt. At $17, it is certainly not worth it, especially if you compare it with the scallop rice that my mum had at the same price.
Ootaya
The accompany sides:
Ootaya
Ootaya
Ootaya

This is my mama's food. The Torotoroni. This is the scallop rice that is heated over a block of solid fuel. It kept the rice and scallop pipping hot! The miso sauce topping adds a sweet and salty flavour to the rice. Very good!

The very tasty and flavourful soup. The pieces of chicken were tender and tasty. My mama especially liked the soft and silky toufu. For me I love the eggy taste of the soup.
Ootaya

Orchard Central
08-12
68848901
12:00 - 21:00

No comments: